OMAX Corporation is a rapidly growing, leading provider of precision-engineered abrasive waterjet systems. OMAX has brought together the leading innovators and experts in abrasive waterjet technology, fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and a dedication to excellence. The capabilities of our machines consistently evolve to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers.
Seeking a detail-oriented software tester to design and implement test programs, find, document, and track bugs, user interface anomalies, hardware conflicts, and installation issues for CAD-CAM software. Primary responsibilities include assisting software developers in all areas of software testing, including but not limited to running test scripts, troubleshooting, creating simplified test cases to describe and demonstrate problems to others and creating/maintaining comprehensive documentation.
- Manual testing of OMAX software, looking for bugs and confusing points, conflicts, and potential problems
- Distilling complex “quirky” type problems into the simplest elements allowing for repeated demonstration of problems
- Documenting bugs and other issues in a clear, concise and organized manner
- Review and test help screens for accuracy, completeness and clarity; write and maintain help screen documentation
- Operate OMAX abrasive waterjet machines to verify and document results
- May be required to assist with technical support and customer interface from time-to-time
- Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the department manager or supervisor
- Experience with machine tools and/or CAD/CAM required
- One-year formal experience with a programming language
- Scripting level coding ability
- Familiar with operational aspects of Windows XP through Windows 10, understanding the differences between each operating system
- Ability to analyze complex information, have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Experience debugging and testing software
- Experience creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- A tenacious desire to learn minute/intricate details of complex OMAX software and hardware products
- Ability to test without documented test cases
- Capable of fast paced multi-tasking
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to get wet and dirty
OMAX Corporation offers an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits such as: medical, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401K Plan with company matching, education reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Only qualified applicants will be contacted; must be able to work for any company within the United States. Fax resumes to (253) 872-9660 or email resumes to email@example.com.
OMAX Corporation is an equal opportunity employer