Our client is seeking a Java Programmer who provides application development services typically as a of a project team or in an application support role for IVR applications. Developers analyze, design, code, test and implement systematic solutions to meet customer requirements that adhere to IT standards and policies. Developers provide general support to maintain applications that meet the service levels, system availability, performance and quality levels required by their customers.
1. Responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
2. Utilizes and participates in the full system development life cycle, per current SDLC standards.
3. Collaborates with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Concentrates on providing innovative solutions to business needs.
4. Provides required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24x7 supports when necessary.
5. Performs work in compliance with all IT standards, policies and procedures.
6. Actively participates on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience.
7. Effectively communicates with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting technical walkthroughs, reporting project status, enabling vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
3 - 5 years of experience as a developer
Due to Department of Defense (DoD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check
Preferred Licenses or Certifications
Work Experience to include:
Problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
Demonstrated leadership skills
Experience in Healthcare or Health Insurance Industry
Experience with technology platforms, application development tools, business processes, software development life cycle used by enterprise
Knowledge, Critical Skills and Abilities
Project Management Tools: