CLOUD SOLUTION ARCHITECT
St. Petersburg, FL
1 year contract-to-perm
The Solution Architect role is to develop and maintain the high-level target state design for the technology architecture. Provide technical leadership and consulting across the organization, on strategic decisions for cloud initiatives. Technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts for App Development initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
- Facilitate the design of target state roadmap to make certain capacity meets existing and future requirements for all key stakeholders.
- Ensure that technology planning and practices are aligned with strategic business goals and the company’s overall strategic roadmap.
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support in App Development workloads.
- Ensure that the security, Information, business, Integration and application architecture interests are taken into account and engagement with the respective architects occurs.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to extended architecture team.
- Drive the deployment of customer workloads into Public cloud (Azure) and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Lead deployment of projects, creation of collateral, and training of employees in your area of specialization.
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights
- Provide guidance on architecture artifacts as per process standards and storage in the company’s library to facilitate compliance, organization, and access.
- Act as a leader and advocate for cloud adoption.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, system analysis or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on design and implementation of cloud solutions supported by IT.
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
- Experience / exposure to enterprise cloud providers and platforms (not inclusive: Azure, AWS, IBM, Docker, Openshift, Cloud Foundry etc)
- Azure certification in any of the following would be a plus – Solutions Architect, Infrastructure Architect or Systems Ops.
- Understanding Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies – AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: .NET, C++, Java, JSON, Powershell, Python. - Scripting and automation skills
Prefer local candidates; no third parties